If you would like to know more about Thomas Estley College, why not download our latest prospectus or Ofsted report? It includes everything from our successes and achievements, to how we work with you and your children to help them achieve. We work in collaboration with parents in many ways, and are always looking for opportunities to strengthen links with the home. These currently include, but not exclusively:
- Parents Evenings and consultations focused on progress, targets, support and information sharing.
- Communication through each student’s organiser between parents and teachers, on an ongoing basis.
- Regular communications home, e-mailed through ParentMail2 (see below) and paper based as appropriate. These include a Parents Calendar and a regular newsletter.
- Phonecalls and meetings as appropriate to share information and discuss issues.
- Termly Parents Forum – an open network for parents to meet with the college senior leadership team, find out information and provide extra feedback.
- Family learning projects such as Working Together (an annual family mentoring and learning project targeting students), as well as targeted coffee mornings and feedback events.
- The college Facebook page to showcase achievements and a photo gallery. www.facebook.com/thomasestley - you must be over 18 to view the page as it is aimed at parents.
- The College also uses ParentMail2 to allow on-line payments. At the start of each academic year new pupils will be issued with a registration letter. If you require further information, please contact the school office.