We work in collaboration with parents in many ways, and are always looking for opportunities to strengthen links with the home. These currently include, but not exclusively:
- Parents’ Evenings – consultations focused on progress, targets, support and information sharing.
- Year 7 Tutor Parents’ Evening – an chance to meet your child’s tutor one-to-one and find out how your child is settling in to life at Thomas Estley.
- Progress Reports – Your child will receive 4 progress updates per year (3 in years 7 and 10). We also provide a full written commentary from each subject teacher and tutor alongside one of the Progress Reports.
- Communication through each student’s organiser between parents and teachers, on an ongoing basis.
- Regular communications home, e-mailed through ParentMail2 (see below) and paper based as appropriate. These include a Parents Calendar and a regular newsletter.
- Insight – Online access to your child’s data, including personal details, attendance, behaviour, rewards and detentions, homework and timetable information. Click here for more information.
- Phonecalls and meetings as appropriate to share information and discuss issues.
- Termly Parents’ Forum – an open network for parents to meet with the college senior leadership team, find out information and provide extra feedback. Dates for this year’s Parent Forums are listed to the right.
- Family learning projects such as the “Together we are committed to success” (an annual family mentoring and learning project targeting students), as well as targeted coffee mornings and feedback events.
- Open Evenings for key transitional information sharing, such as our GCSE Options Evening.
- The college Facebook page to showcase achievements and a photo gallery. www.facebook.com/thomasestley – you must be over 18 to view the page as it is aimed at parents.
- The College also uses ParentMail2 to allow on-line payments. At the start of each academic year new pupils will be issued with a registration letter. If you require further information, please contact the school office.