We work in collaboration with parents in many ways, and are always looking for opportunities to strengthen links with the home. These currently include, but not exclusively:
- Parents Evenings and consultations focused on progress, targets, support and information sharing.
- Communication through each student’s organiser between parents and teachers, on an ongoing basis.
- Regular communications home, e-mailed through ParentMail2 (see below) and paper based as appropriate. These include a Parents Calendar and a regular newsletter.
- Phonecalls and meetings as appropriate to share information and discuss issues.
- Termly Parents Forum – an open network for parents to meet with the college senior leadership team, find out information and provide extra feedback.
- Family learning projects such as Working Together (an annual family mentoring and learning project targeting students), as well as targeted coffee mornings and feedback events.
- The college Facebook page to showcase achievements and a photo gallery. www.facebook.com/thomasestley - you must be over 18 to view the page as it is aimed at parents.
- The College also uses ParentMail2 to allow on-line payments. At the start of each academic year new pupils will be issued with a registration letter. If you require further information, please contact the school office.