We believe that Extended Services plays a vital role in student achievement, sense of belonging and general well-being as well as providing a crucial resource across the generations of the local community. Learning is at the heart of everything that we do.
The Extended Services we provide at Thomas Estley include all five core areas:
- Quality Childcare including Ofsted registered Nursery, Mother and Toddler group, Breakfast and After School Club, summer play scheme.
- A Varied Menu of Activities provides a safe place for young people to be. Activities include Study Support, Art and Craft, Sports Coaching, ICT, Arts Award, Literacy Breakfast Club, Science Crest Award, Street Games, Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme, Lets Get Cooking and Arts Productions.
- Parenting Support is provided through courses such as Living with Teenagers, Grounded, The Working Together Project and Fun and Families. In addition, parents are given help with transition, supporting their child’s learning as well as being signposted to external agencies. In addition, the Broughton Astley Children’s Centre opened Autumn 2010.
- Swift and Easy Referral to a wide range of specialist support services such as Speech Therapy, School Nurse, New Directions, Educational Psychologist and Educational Welfare.
- Community Access to College facilities include amongst others Adult Learning, Family Learning, Youth Groups, Affiliated Groups, NHS Walking Group, Stephenson College Courses and the Senior Citizen Luncheon Club.
Extended Services supports our commitment to the Every Child Matters Agenda which enables young people to be Safe, Healthy, to Enjoy and Achieve, to be Economically Active and to make a Positive Contribution.
We understand that working with others will enhance our provisions and aim to work in partnership with other agencies for the best interests of children, young people, parents and the local community.
Useful contact numbers:
School Nurse – Sue O’Connor 01455 553034
Attendance Improvement officer – Sue Read – 0116 277 1555 or 07912 286 443
0-5yrs Family Outreach Worker (Broughton Astley Children’s Centre) – Jill Allen – 01163057142
Leicestershire Family Information Service – 0116 3056545
Other useful numbers / addresses can be found by clicking this link – Extended Services – useful numbers 2016